Burden of HIV among female sex workers in low-income and middle-income countries: a systematic review and meta-analysis
This is an important study of the epidemiological literature on female sex workers. It shows us that for the first 30 years HIV affected and killed huge numbers of women who sell sex. Although the article does not make for happy reading we can take great comfort in knowing that the information here is about things that happenned before there was widespread access to ARV treatment. Because antiretroviral treatment both prevents people dying of HIV illnesses and prevents others contracting HIV from positive people who take ARVS the future of the HIV pandemic is very different to this past history. How different will depend, as the authors say, on changing laws around sex work and on expanding prevention programmes, (assuming that by 'prevention' they mean 'prevention, care and treatment') Cheryl Overs
Court-based research: collaborating with the justice system to enhance STI services for vulnerable women in the US http://t.co/3vEaFQVO
The fractal queerness of non-heteronormative migrant #sexworkers in the UK by Nick Mae http://t.co/X7oGFeDI
'only 31% of the sample of indirect sex workers reported having been engaged in commercial sex in the last 12 months'
Old but good. Violence and Exposure to HIV among #sexworkers in Phnom Penh http://t.co/rkrRGiBa
Someone is Wrong on the Internet: #sex workers' access to accurate information http://t.co/aMSXhygd
Subscribe to the PLRI Newsletter.
Already a subscriber?
Manage your subscriptions
- Proposal to European Parliament recommending the Swedish Model - 2014
- PLRI WEBSITE NEWS - 2014
- Prevalence and Correlates of HIV and Sexually Transmitted Infections among Female Sex Workers and Their Non-commercial Male Partners in Two Mexico-USA Border Cities - 2014
- Social Cohesion, Social Participation, and HIV Related Risk among Female Sex Workers in Swaziland - 2014
- "Custody and Education": Arbitrary Detention for Female Sex Workers in China - 2013
- Poverty as a Contextual Factor Affecting Sexual Health Behavior Among Female Sex Workers in India - 2013
- Psychological factors in Nepali former commercial sex workers with HIV. - 2013
- A Regressive Move Which Would Further Stigmatise and Endanger Sex Workers - 2012
- Banking Services for Sex Workers - 2012
- Condom Use among Female Commercial Sex Workers in Nevada's Legal Brothels - 2012