Using the PLRI website
The PLRI site is organised around our priority themes: human rights and law; economics and development; migration and mobility; health and HIV; gender and sexuality and research ethics and methods.
If you want to search the site to find content on a particular topic, for example gender, you can use the Keyword Search function in the left hand column.
At the bottom of each thematic page you will find a list of resources. These resources have been recommended by PLRI members as useful to those interested in research and policy on sex work. Inclusion in the list of resources does not necessarily imply that we agree with the contents or arguments made. But we believe that these resources all have something to offer people wishing to think more deeply about the issues.
You can search the resources by 'year' or 'type of resource' using the filter buttons.
'Online pdfs' are articles and reports that are free to access on the Internet. Many of the links through to journal articles take you to websites where you may need to register or pay to view content. There is an ongoing debate in academia about open access publishing. Many researchers are working hard to make their work available to as wider audience as possible. However, many peer review journals (around 75%) remain inaccessible to readers who do not have a subscription or access to a library with one.
Court-based research: collaborating with the justice system to enhance STI services for vulnerable women in the US http://t.co/3vEaFQVO
The fractal queerness of non-heteronormative migrant #sexworkers in the UK by Nick Mae http://t.co/X7oGFeDI
'only 31% of the sample of indirect sex workers reported having been engaged in commercial sex in the last 12 months'
Old but good. Violence and Exposure to HIV among #sexworkers in Phnom Penh http://t.co/rkrRGiBa
Someone is Wrong on the Internet: #sex workers' access to accurate information http://t.co/aMSXhygd
Subscribe to the PLRI Newsletter.
Already a subscriber?
Manage your subscriptions
- Proposal to European Parliament recommending the Swedish Model - 2014
- PLRI WEBSITE NEWS - 2014
- Prevalence and Correlates of HIV and Sexually Transmitted Infections among Female Sex Workers and Their Non-commercial Male Partners in Two Mexico-USA Border Cities - 2014
- Social Cohesion, Social Participation, and HIV Related Risk among Female Sex Workers in Swaziland - 2014
- "Custody and Education": Arbitrary Detention for Female Sex Workers in China - 2013
- Poverty as a Contextual Factor Affecting Sexual Health Behavior Among Female Sex Workers in India - 2013
- Psychological factors in Nepali former commercial sex workers with HIV. - 2013
- A Regressive Move Which Would Further Stigmatise and Endanger Sex Workers - 2012
- Banking Services for Sex Workers - 2012
- Condom Use among Female Commercial Sex Workers in Nevada's Legal Brothels - 2012